Sale, for instance, is called “Plundra”, which seems like a made-up name for plundering the IKEA store.
What most IKEA shoppers do not know, is that the names of the more than twelve thousand products are given through a very logical system.
- Bathroom items are named after Swedish waters and lakes.
- Sheets will be named after flowers and plants.
- Beds, wardrobes and furniture for your hallway are named after Norwegian place names.
- Bookcases are named after professions or Scandinavian boys names.
- Vases, candlesticks and candles are named after Swedish place names, herbs or fruit.
- Wall decorations, pictures, picture frames and clocks are named after Swedish expressions or Swedish place names.
- Children’s products get the names of animals, birds or adjectives.
- Desks and office chairs have Scandinavian boys names.
- Fabrics and curtains have Scandinavian girls names.
- Garden products are named after Scandinavian islands.
- Kitchen items get the names of fish or mushrooms.
- Lamps get the names of seasons, months, days or Swedish place names.
- Carpets are named after Danish place names.
- Sofas, couches, chairs and dining tables are named after Swedish place names.
No IKEA shopping spree will be the same after you know this.
HEEFT UW MERK AANDACHT NODIG?
Wilt u meer informatie over de bescherming van uw merk?